Highland Hospice provides a Day Therapy service in Inverness three days a week and in Caithness on a fortnightly basis. The Inverness service is based in The Netley Day Therapy Centre at Highland Hospice. The Caithness service is based in Lyth Arts Centre between Wick and Thurso.
The Netley Day Therapy Centre
The Netley Day Therapy Centre offers a friendly, informal environment for people who live in the community and may benefit from the support of Hospice services. Our aim is to improve the quality of life for people living with an advancing, life shortening illness. We want you to feel like you can be yourself as we help you to manage your condition, maintain your independence and develop new friendships. We offer individually tailored programmes of therapeutic activities to help address some of the physical, emotional, social and spiritual difficulties you may be experiencing.
Your options for attending
Attendees at Netley Day Therapy can choose to access the service in a number of ways:
- By joining one of our group days, 10am - 3pm, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
- Coming to a specific information session e.g. self-management of symptoms such as breathlessness
- Attending one of our groups e.g. arts and crafts
- On an outpatient basis to see individual members of our specialist team
Referral to Day Therapy can be made by your community nurse, a Macmillan team member, your GP or consultant, or any other healthcare professional involved in your care.
Following referral, we will sit down with you to discuss your illness and plan a programme to suit you, taking account of your goals and personal interests. We will also recommend the services we think you would most benefit from.
The services we offer
When you attend Day Therapy, you will have access to a range of hospice services as well as a chance to meet people in a similar situation which may boost your sense of well-being. The services we provide include:
- Advice on managing your symptoms
- Emotional, social and/or spiritual support
- Arts and crafts (e.g. pottery, painting, sewing and printing)
- Hairdressing and beauty therapies
- Social Work or benefits advice
- Complementary Therapies (e.g. aromatherapy and massage)
- Complementary Therapies for carers and relatives
- Occupational Therapy
- An opportunity to talk to us about any issue causing you concern
A typical day at Netley Day Therapy Centre
Donate to Highland Hospice today
We need to raise over £7,000 every day to support the delivery of Hospice services across the Highlands. You can make a donation by following one of the links below to our JustGiving page.
Highland Hospice, Ness House, 1 Bishops Road, Inverness IV3 5SB. Telephone: 01463 243132. Fax: 01463 709601. Clinical Fax: 01463 242758.
Highland Hospice is a registered Scottish charity, No SC011227. Website by dynam