Aim or goal of position
By the River Café @ Highland Hospice provides members of the public, patient visitors, staff and volunteers with home baking, snacks and lunches, and is a valuable source of fundraising for the Hospice. The café is counter service and volunteers serve teas, coffees, baking and light lunches prepared in the kitchen. They also take payment.
Main responsibilities and suggested activities
- To provide high standards of customer care to all who visit the café
- To serve home baking, snacks and lunches to customers
- To operate the till
- To clear tables
Skills / attributes and/or qualification(s) required
- Excellent customer care skills
- A friendly and outgoing personality
- A good level of fitness is essential as this role involves a lot of walking and standing
- Confidence in dealing with money is required
Estimated hoursVolunteers are asked to commit to one shift a week. By the River is open Monday to Friday from 10.00am - 4.00pm (two shifts) and on Saturday from 11am - 3.00pm (one shift).
Work siteHighland Hospice, Ness House, 1 Bishops Road, Inverness, IV3 5SB