Aim or goal of position
To work with patients in a way that they can benefit from and helps make them feel better about themselves.
Main responsibilities and suggested activities
- Carry out various hairdressing treatments to a high standard such as cutting, blow drying, setting, and straightening. Colouring and perming are not required.
- Carry out manicures.
- Provide facials and make up.
- Receive a verbal report about patients who will be having their hair styled or a manicure or facial.
Skills / attributes and/or qualification(s) required
- Minimum of 5 years experience.
- Hairdressers require a minimum of SVQ Level 2 or above in Hairdressing.
- Manicure/beauty trained or qualified is essential.
- Good communication skills are desirable.
- Ability to work with frail and elderly patients, at times at the bedside, is desirable.
- Disclosure is required for this role.
Estimated hoursHours depend on patient need. Day Therapy days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. There are also occassional requests from the Inpatient Unit.
Work siteHighland Hospice, Ness House, 1 Bishops Road, Inverness, IV3 5SB