The Complementary Therapy Service operates with support and advice from the Medical team. If you think you may benefit from the support of this service please speak to a health professional involved in your care, such as your GP, and ask them to make a referral by completing the referral form below.
Please submit all referrals to firstname.lastname@example.org using this form.
What the service can offer
Complementary Therapies include treatments such as aromatherapy, massage therapy, reflexology, relaxation techniques (including mindfulness and meditation), natural nutrition and tai chi/qigong.
Who to refer
The service is available to all referred Highland Hospice patients. Referrals to the complementary therapy service are usually through GP’s and other healthcare professionals e.g Macmillan Nurse.
The Highland Hospice Complementary Therapy Service welcomes referrals for people living in the Highlands with a life limiting condition, who may benefit from the support of this palliative care service. The support may be given to help people adjust to living with illness, as intermittent referrals for short periods, or to support with end of life care.
Complementary Therapies can support the following areas:
- Emotional and Psychological support – anxiety/fear (overwhelmed by situation); Coping with life limiting illness
- Physical symptoms – support of symptoms which are being treated by orthodox medicine such as constipation, pain and nausea
- Aromatherapy can help with some of the side effects of chemotherapy e.g. peripheral neuropathy, cracking and itching skin. We can also work alongside District/Specialist Nurses to help with the management of fungating wounds.
- As part of an integrated approach with other healthcare professionals to help management of symptoms such as breathlessness and fatigue
- Tai Chi can help with mobility/falls
Referrals to other Highland Hospice services
Patients remain under the medical care of their GP whilst accessing the Complementary Therapy Service.
To make a referral for medical outpatient review, bereavement support or the Helping Hands befriending service please contact Clinical Administration Support on 01463 227919, 01463 227901 or email@example.com.
For referrals to the Inpatient Unit please contact the Consultant on Duty, via Clinical Administration Support.
Please support your Highland Hospice
Registered Office: Highland Hospice, Ness House, 1 Bishops Road, Inverness IV3 5SB.
Telephone: 01463 243132. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Highland Hospice is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC011227 and a company limited by guarantee, no. SC093464
Website by dynam