Supporting bereaved children and young people in the Highlands
The death of a close friend or relative is a time of great sadness for a family. For children and young people this can be a confusing and distressing time. There may be unanswered questions about what has happened and the grief of other family members may cause added stress making it hard for the child to talk about their feelings. We are here to help and support a bereaved child or young person.
Crocus Highland is a bereavement support service for children and young people living in the Highlands. Our services are available free of charge to young people living with grief, regardless of their location or the cause of their bereavement.
The death of someone close to the child can be a time of great sadness, distress or confusion. There may be unanswered questions about what has happened, and the grief of other family members can make it hard for the child to talk about their feelings. Whilst many children and families will be able to manage their loss without targeted support, we are here to provide help and advice where it is needed.
Staff and volunteers from a variety of backgrounds contribute to the work of Crocus, all with a shared focus on the needs of young people as individuals within a family.
We aim to:
- Help children, young people and families to understand and express their grief
- Provide children and young people with an opportunity to meet other bereaved children and young people
- Help children, young people and families to find positive ways of remembering the person who died
- Educate children, young people, families and the wider community about grief
- Help people to talk openly about death and bereavement
- Help restore confidence and self-esteem in bereaved children and young people
Crocus Highland, Ness House, Highland Hospice, 1 Bishops Road, Inverness,
Find us on Google Maps
Telephone: 01463 714568
Crocus Highland Funding
From 2020 onwards, Crocus Group's annual review forms a part of the wider Highland Hospice annual review, which you can access here.
Please support your Highland Hospice
Registered Office: Highland Hospice, Ness House, 1 Bishops Road, Inverness IV3 5SB.
Telephone: 01463 243132. Email: email@example.com
Highland Hospice is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC011227 and a company limited by guarantee, no. SC093464
Website by dynam