Our Social Work team works across the different clinical teams in the Hospice. They spend time each day in the Inpatient Unit, the Netley Day Therapy Centre, with outpatient services, and work with individuals as well as groups to support patients and their carers.
What our Social Worker offers
The Social Work Team offers:
- a range of support and advice on practical issues including, but not limited to: accessing benefits and care-at-home services; housing issues; information about residential or nursing home services; information about Power of Attorney; making a will.
- advocacy and support in dealing with other agencies.
- psychological support to people living with a life shortening illness and also to their family and carers.
- advice, guidance and information for families where there is a child or teenager affected by all that is happening.
- advice and information to other social work and health professionals.
You can get in touch with and benefit from the support of our social worker if you are using any Highland Hospice service. You can make contact yourself or ask any member of the Hospice team to refer you.
Enquiries can be made to the Clinical Secretary on 01463 227919
Highland Hospice is one of many voluntary and public sector organisations providing advice, support and hands-on care for people and families living with advancing, life shortening illness. We hope our 'Signposting to Other Services' page will help you navigate your way through these organisations and find the help you need. If you cannot find what you are looking for, please contact the Community and Supportive Services team on 01463 227901.
Please support your Highland Hospice
Registered Office: Highland Hospice, Ness House, 1 Bishops Road, Inverness IV3 5SB.
Telephone: 01463 243132. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Highland Hospice is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC011227 and a company limited by guarantee, no. SC093464
Website by dynam