Last Aid is a simple course delivered on the Zoom platform. Last Aid aims to create awareness and discussion on topics related to Death and Dying. It is an interactive course, with 2 instructors and up to 20 participants. The instructors will aim to give practical tips on how you can provide comfort to someone who is dying, and what you can do to plan for your own and your family's future.
The topics discussed are delivered in 4 sections:
- Dying as a normal part of life
- Planning Ahead
- Relieving Suffering
- Final Goodbyes
Opportunity is provided for participants to get involved with the discussions.
This course is provided free of charge and is open to anyone over the age of 16 with an interest in the topic.
Feedback from previous participants:
This topic was most interesting for me:
- “death plan/funeral plan, recognition that end of life care can be difficult and stressful”
- “Normalising death can only be a positive and increasing the awareness around final stages of life”
I have gained confidence with:
- “those in the last stages of life, and more importantly, those attempting to come to terms with relative in the last stages of life”
- “broaching the subject of death and dying”
- “end of life care, supporting colleagues, friends and families. Also got me thinking about my own personal circumstances”
- “what I need to do for myself and my family”
27 January 2021 - 27 January 2021