Shop Assistant - Nairn (p/t)
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A Charity Shop Assistant
What you'll be doing...
Reporting to the Shop Manager, you can expect your working day to include the following:
- As a shop assistant you will help the shop manager with the day-to-day operations of the shop and volunteers, enabling the shop to operate effectively and achieve its maximum trading potential.
- You will work with volunteers to ensure that high standards of customer care are achieved at all times.
- You will work with the volunteers to sort, steam and price incoming stock to ensure that the shop floor stock levels are maintained.
- You will maintain a high standard of presentation in the shop through effective layout, display and window dressing.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
We hire mostly on personality & potential but here are a few of our requirements...
To succeed in the role of Shop Assistant you will need the following qualities and skills:
- Be a people person who loves exceptional service!
- Take great pride in what you do.
- Love working as part of a team.
- Have a creative flair whilst bringing innovative ideas to the role.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Highland Hospice we believe our people are our biggest assets and understand the value in putting them first. Our approach to diversity in the workplace, health & wellbeing, innovation, and individuality is one of the reasons we are a first-choice health employer in the Highlands! We are passionate about our services and always on the lookout for new talent to join us on our journey.
You will have access to a benefits package we believe truly works for our people and enhances our overall culture...
- 10% discount throughout all of our 15 Charity Shops.
- Access to a wide range of health benefits and services via HSF flexible schemes which can reimburse you up to 100% for a wide range of health care costs.
- Free access to our employee assistance program that provides you with counselling services, financial advice, mental health support and more to help overcome any personal or workplace challenges.
- Generous holiday entitlement with a buy more or sell some option
- Flexible working arrangements
- Pension with addition contribution matching and Death in Service Benefit
- Discounted meals in our cafe prepared freshly every morning
Plus access to many more schemes and enhanced benefits.
Highland Hospice is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We accept and celebrate our team for who they are and welcome people of all races, disabilities, sex, gender identities and reassignment, sexual orientation, ages, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We keep our recruitment process simple and consider applicants on their abilities alone to ensure a fair interview process. If at any point throughout our process you require reasonable adjustments, please contact Recruitment@highlandhospice.org.uk
This post is not subject to a Disclosure/PVG check.
Printable (PDF) and electronic (Word) application forms and guidance notes are available below.
Closing date: 12 noon, Friday 31 March 2023.
Informal enquiries can be made to Lisa Junor, Deputy Manager (Shops) on 01463 243132 or email@example.com
Highland Hospice Nairn Boutique, 1-2 Leopold Street, Nairn IV12 4BE
Part-time, hours to be confirmed
Application closing date
31 March 2023