Voluntary Services Co-ordinator (p/t)
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A VOLUNTARY SERVICES CO-ORDINATOR
What you'll be doing...
Reporting to the Voluntary Services Manager you can expect your working day to include the following:
- You will be recruiting new volunteers to support our retail outlets across the Highlands.
- You will be working closely with shop managers to determine what their volunteer needs are and helping to promote these throughout the Highlands.
- You will be attending recruitment fairs, talking to groups of people about the volunteering opportunities we have in retail.
- You will be managing the rotas for our 2 Cafes and retail vans which move stock around the shops daily.
- You will ensure that the volunteer database is kept up to date with new volunteer applications and all new applicants are guided through the process using the policies and procedures written to ensure that this is equitable and fair for all.
- You will work as part of the Voluntary Services Department team to support our 900+ volunteers.
- You will be outgoing and confident, able to engage with people.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
We hire mostly on personality & potential but here are a few of our requirements...
To succeed in the role of Voluntary Services Co-ordinator you will need the following qualities and skills:
- A people person, that loves exceptional service!
- Takes great pride in what they do.
- Loves working as part of a team.
- At least 2 years’ experience of providing administrative support in a fast-paced team environment
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as with others to achieve a common purpose and enhance the reputation of the Hospice
WHAT WE OFFER
At Highland Hospice we believe our people are our biggest assets and understand the value in putting them first. Our approach to diversity in the workplace, health & wellbeing, innovation, and individuality is one of the reasons we are a first-choice health employer in the Highlands! We are passionate about our services and always on the lookout for new talent to join us on our journey.
You will have access to a benefits package we believe truly works for our people and enhances our overall culture...
- Access to The Blue light discount scheme giving access to fifteen thousand discounts across well-known retailers and local businesses across a large span of categories
- Free access to our employee assistance program that provides you with counselling services, financial advice, mental health support and more to help overcome any personal or workplace challenges.
- Generous holiday entitlement with a buy more or sell some option
- Flexible working arrangements
- Pension with additional matching employer contributions and Death in Service Benefit
- Continuation of SPPA pension contributions and annual leave reckonable service for employees coming to the Hospice within 12 months of leaving the NHS
- Discounted meals in our café prepared freshly every morning
- Free access to Inverness Tennis Court Gym Facilities
Plus access to many more schemes and enhanced benefits.
Highland Hospice is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We accept and celebrate our team for who they are and welcome people of all races, disabilities, sex, gender identities and reassignment, sexual orientation, ages, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We keep our recruitment process simple and consider applicants on their abilities alone to ensure a fair interview process. If at any point throughout our process you require reasonable adjustments, please contact Recruitment@highlandhospice.org.uk
This post is not subject to a Standard Disclosure/PVG check.
We are open to discussions about flexible working arrangements.
Printable and electronic application forms and guidance notes are available on the Vacancies home page.
Applications should be marked Private & Confidential and submitted to:
HR Department, Highland Hospice, Ness House, 1 Bishop’s Road, Inverness, IV3 5SB, or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon, Thursday 23 March 2023.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 29 March 2023 at Highland Hospice, Inverness.
Informal enquiries can be made to Maria Cuthbert, Voluntary Services Manager on 01463 243132 or email@example.com
Highland Hospice, Ness House, 1 Bishop's Road, Inverness IV3 5SB
£23,914 - £25,808 (pro-rata)
20 hours per week
Application closing date
23 March 2023