Crocus Highland is a bereavement support service for children and young people living in the Highlands. Our services are available free of charge to young people living with grief, regardless of their location or the cause of their bereavement.
Supporting bereaved children and young people
The death of someone close to the child can be a time of great sadness, distress or confusion. There may be unanswered questions about what has happened, and the grief of other family members can make it hard for the child to talk about their feelings. Whilst many children and families will be able to manage their loss without targeted support, we are here to provide help and advice where it is needed.
We aim to:
- Provide children and young people with an opportunity to meet other bereaved children and young people
- Give the child or young person the opportunity to accept the reality of death
- Educate about the grieving process
- Acknowledge the different feelings which the child or young person may experience
- Facilitate understanding about what has happened
Please support your Highland Hospice
We need to raise £8,500 every day to provide our services across the Highlands