Rehabilitation and Wellbeing Team
The Rehabilitation and Wellbeing Team at Highland Hospice can offer a range of support to people living in Highland who are affected by a progressive, life-shortening condition.
What support is available?
One to one support is available from the team, tailored to your individual needs and goals. The team includes Social Work, Physiotherapy, Chaplaincy, Nursing and Occupational Therapy.
We can offer support with the following:
- Time with a member of the team to talk about what is important to you, ask questions and discuss anything that may be causing worry
- Practical support to keep you safe and independent, perhaps issuing equipment at home, walking aids or offering advice about how to stay more active
- Advice to help you manage symptoms such as breathlessness, fatigue and anxiety
- Advice and signposting about finances, benefits and accessing social care
- Support for your family and friends
- Support to help you begin planning ahead, such as thinking about your preferences for care at end of life, getting legal documents in place and thinking about what you may like to happen at your funeral
- Creative activities where you can try out new techniques and learn skills, with the opportunity to make gifts for friends and loved ones
- Support to capture memories that you may wish to share - making photo albums, scrap books or writing about your life
We have a number of very friendly, informal groups on offer each week, some available to attend in person and some via zoom. They are great place to enjoy some company and gain support from others.
To find out more about the groups available please see the timetable below or call us on 01463 227914.
How is support offered?
Support may be offered in person, via telephone or video call.
For those unfamiliar with video calling the team are able to offer advice to help get online and build confidence. Loaning of IT equipment such as tablets is also available.
How do I find out more about the service?
If you would like to find out more about the service and the support available, please call us for an informal chat on 01463 227919.
If you think you may benefit from the support of this service please speak to a health professional involved in your care, such as your GP, and ask them to make a referral by completing the referral form below
Please support your Highland Hospice
Registered Office: Highland Hospice, Ness House, 1 Bishops Road, Inverness IV3 5SB.
Telephone: 01463 243132. Email: email@example.com
Highland Hospice is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC011227 and a company limited by guarantee, no. SC093464
Website by dynam