Aim or goal of position
Our shops help fund Hospice care in the Highlands. Shop volunteers work as part of team with the Shop Supervisor to keep the shop open and to generate income from the sale of donated goods and a small stock of new goods. Our 12 shops are located in Alness, Aviemore, Dornoch, Inverness, Forres, Fort William, Grantown, Nairn, Portree, Tain, Thurso and Wick.
Main responsibilities and suggested activities
- To provide high standards of customer care to shoppers
- To sort and price goods
- To operate the till and handle cash
- To help keep the shop clean and tidy
- To work as part of a team
Skills / attributes and/or qualification(s) required
- Great customer service
- A good eye for identifying the value of donated stock
- Be reliable and punctual
- Be polite and helpful to others
- Be a team member, considerate of others feelings and needs
- Be flexible and willing to respond to change
Estimated hours3 or 4 hours per shift depending on shop. Monday to Saturday morning and afternoon shifts.
Work siteOur shops are located in Alness, Aviemore, Dornoch, Inverness, Forres, Fort William, Grantown, Nairn, Portree, Tain, Thurso and Wick.